Oct 18, 2009

Realistic expectations of forex trading

Posted by Trader
Somebody may disagree with this article as it can fully destroy their unrealistic hopes and wishes.I have written the most part of this article long ago but couldn’t finally finish it because I thought that most people could accept it as very harsh and unpleasant. I am going to show you my attitude to the trade reality and invest in forex and some other my considerations.

Let’s take acquaintance as an example. At the first meeting with an unknown person you try to tell absolutely everything about yourself, including your deep secrets and “ill habits”. If you do like this, probably this person does not want to see you anymore. I don’t insist on lying but we are all the same under our skins so it’s better not to “tell” all the truth immediately.

The point is that I prefer to show the opposite side of trade without exaggerating unattractive facts. On the other hand, I should avoid anything that bear even a faint resemblance to the complaint. The problem is that showing, so-called, "negative side", I cannot counterbalance it with a "positive side". If I really give my preference to the negative side, especially before someone can draw its own conclusions on potential positive aspects, I can “scare” him at once.

According to my own teaching practice, it is impossible to learn something student who has left. Therefore, I couldn’t finish this article for a long time, considering that it will destroy so many illusions and put off the desire to carry out great investigation for realizing whether trade their cup of tea or not. As for me, I began with dreams and illusions, however have quickly found out that it was self-deception, but I continued independent studying, forming own vision which I am going to represent you.

In this article I am going to present you some of my ideas concerning expectations and business plans in general, about day trading forex without scaring people from trade as a whole. If your expectations are mostly based on the reality, instead of imaginations your chances of success will be much more above. I hope that it will not misdirect many people who search for information about trade and forex trading online but will help them to create realistic plans.

So let’s start our discussion. I will use S&P-mini contracts as an example. However, everything sad by me may be referred to any market tool, trading style and time scale as concepts remain the same.

I meet many people who say to me that are going to leave the work and to earn on their lives by trading in the financial markets finishing free forex trading courses first. They declare that can make, say, 40.000$ - 75.000$ per a year and want to replace this income with intra-day trade in contracts ES. They want to do it by trading in two contracts